TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please observe the below terms and conditions, you are reminded that when purchasing or visiting this website you automatically agree to the following terms and conditions. Any alternative terms and conditions on the part of the customer shall not apply unless we should confirm these in writing. There are no supplementary agreements.
All sales are final from the moment payment is taken. No goods will be shipped without payment. The final price of the order including delivery costs (Inclusive of SPAIN VAT where applicable) is always in EUR. Our method of payment is through Card or Paypal. You will only be able to order products displayed online pending availability.
MODIFICATION TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Images of products on our website are for illustrative purposes; actual products may differ from such images. All of our products are handcrafted by independent local manufacturers. Traces of this process will be noticeable, linking the final piece to its origin and production process. Small imperfections or variation in shape, size and colour should not be seen as faulty.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions of use for the Website of which it forms part (the “Terms”).
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data means any information relating to a person who can be identified either directly or indirectly; it may include name, address, email address, phone number, credit / debit card number, IP address, location data, purchase history (“Personal Data”).
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
2. Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
3. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
4. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
5. Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use ”session” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognize you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ”Tools”, ”Internet Options”, ”Privacy”, and selecting ”Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal information to:
1. Administer the website;
2. Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
3. Send to you goods purchased via the website;
4. Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
5. Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
6. Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
7. Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
8. Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
9. Deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
4. To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States and Japan) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorized access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
We reserve the right to amend or modify this Policy without notice to you and if we do so we will post the changes on this page. It is your responsibility to check the Policy every time you submit information to us or place an order.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
Right to make subject access request (SAR). You may, where permitted by applicable law, request copies of your Personal Data. If you would like to make a SAR, i.e. a request for copies of the Personal Data we hold about you, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The request should make clear that a SAR is being made. You may also be required to submit proof of your identity and a fee.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
RETURNS, EXCHANGE AND FAULTY ITEMS
You may return items sold by www.gabrielacoll.com within 14 days from the date of delivery for a full refund, on the condition that the item is unused, in the same condition that it was received and it must also be in the original packaging with tags still attached.
We reserve the right to refuse a return that does not comply with the above conditions.
In the case of items received incorrectly or received in damaged or faulty condition, you will need to notify us within 14 days of delivery. Items that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear are not considered to be faulty.
Where possible, we will offer an exchange if there is a replacement available or we will offer to repair faulty items. When items deemed faulty cannot be repaired or the same item is not available, a full refund will be offered and we will arrange for the return of the faulty item.
Our stock is produced in limited quantities so we suggest you enquire first prior to committing to any decision. We will not accept any returns without prior communication via email with a member of the Gabriela Coll team as outlined in the below terms.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGE PROCEDURE
1. Please email email@example.com in your email including your order number, name of the style(s) in question, and outline the reason for the return request.
2. We reserve the right to request photographic support for returns regarding faulty products before authorizing the return and the eventual charges for the shipment and import fees.
3. Once the written request is received firstname.lastname@example.org will forward a written confirmation to you.
4. In order to take advantage of your rights under this returns policy, we encourage you to send item/s by recorded delivery, to:
GABRIELA COLL GARMENTS
C/PALLARS 85 4 2B
You will be responsible for paying postage costs associated with returns under this policy.
We ship worldwide. Delivery of orders is via courier. We are unable to deliver to post office boxes. Delivery times are provided as guidelines only and do not take into account possible delays caused by payment authorisation and/or product availability.
Shipping rates and delivery times:
Spain: Free shipping (2 - 4 business days)
All other EU countries: 15 EUR (5 - 7 business days)
Rest of the World: 40 EUR (8 - 10 business days)
However please bear with us as the post services are currently experiencing delays as a result of Covid-19 we apologize in advance for any delays caused.
When placing your order, please ensure that the billing and shipping address details are correct, as we are unable to redirect.
We ship from our studio in Spain. Our prices include 21% VAT for products delivered within Europe. For any delivery destinations outside of Europe, you will not be charged this 21% VAT, however, you will be responsible for paying Customs/Duty and Import taxes to receive your order. It’s important to contact your local customs office for further information and an estimate of these costs before placing your order. Any delay in paying these customs fees will result in a delay of the delivery of your order.
If you have any queries regarding your order or shipping, please contact us at email@example.com and we endeavor to get back to you within 24 hours.
Our operating hours are Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 6 pm GMT.